Monday, January 9, 2017

Combat Challenge #4: Week One

Okay, on to something different for the New Year.  I started 2016 off with a Combat Challenge so I thought I'd do the same for 2017.  

Last year, I got great results from 8 weeks of Combat so let's see what this year will bring.  


Monday: Les Mills' Grit #3 + Ilyse's Full-On Cardio Blast

I needed all the cardio I could get today, after not working out on New Years Day.  So, I decided to start my Combat Challenge with the big beast: Grit.  This is Les Mills' HIIT training and I dread it every time.  I got through this one with my heart rate through the roof.  Yay!  Next up, Ilyse's high impact cardio.  This one is tough and my feet were aching after all this - 60 minutes of work!  I then did a nice stretch!

Tuesday: Les Mills' Sh'Bam #22 + walk

This morning my feet needed a break.  And since I was traumatized by having to go back work, I did my fun dance workout for the week.  Sh'Bam is a great program and I almost always enjoy the relatively simple step combos.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center, working up a good sweat.  I need all the cardio I can get!

Wednesday:  Les Mills' Combat #67 + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast

I was a bit grouchy this morning since I woke up - and stayed up - at 3am with a sore arm.  What the heck?  So Combat - punching - did not sound good but I did it anyway.  Because I can't think of alternatives at 5:30am after not-enough sleep.  After that 30 minutes, I tuned into Dozois' short, but sweet, Cardio Blast.  Love that one!  Lots of walking around campus today but no lunchtime workout.

Thursday:  Les Mills' BodyAttack #92 + Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + walk


BodyAttack is a new program since the last time I did a Combat Challenge.  And it fills a hole in the program - the need for straight cardio, not HIIT and not kickboxing.  It's more aerobic with some internal training and strength mixed in.  So it was perfect this morning - when I wanted to work hard without doing Grit.  After it ended, I did Ilyse's Dance to finish off my morning.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.  

Friday: Yoga Revolution

I've committed to doing Adriene's (of Yoga with Adriene) 31 day challenge, Yoga Revolution, during the month of January.  I'm doing most sessions after work but this morning, I did today's work in the morning.  It was nice and calming.  

Saturday:  Combat 60 - Extreme Cardio Fighter + Amy Dixons' HIIT on TrainerPass 

Today I was looking forward to Combat 60.  It's a lot of fun without any dread factor (in my opinion).  So I had fun this morning - for 55 minutes.  Then I tuned into one of Dixon's DVDs through TrainerPass, which I'm trying out.  Wow, that worked me hard.  And talk about no fun.  I like Amy's stuff on Glo but this was just plain brutal.  Sigh.  But, 70 minutes of cardio today!

Sunday:  Les Mills' BodyAttack #91 + Amy's Head to Toe Body Sculpt

I wanted a bit of cardio and then strength today....  So I started with another BodyAttack and it was a great workout!  I'm really sad that there are only those two workouts online right now.  After that, I did Amy's strength workout, putting a few more of my own cardio intervals throughout.  Another 70 minutes of work today and it felt great!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - bad
Tuesday - 1191

Wednesday - 1303
Thursday - 1191
Friday - 1191
Saturday - 1151
Sunday - 1269



No comments: