Monday, January 30, 2017

Combat Challenge #4: Week Four

I was motivated by my weight last week.....  But this week does not bode well for great eating.  Sometimes I wish I lived in a bubble with no outside influence or contact.  But that wouldn't be much fun!

Yoga Revolution continues into next week.  And it's so much fun!  I'm getting stronger, especially in my arms.  Yay!

So, here we go...


Monday: Les Mills' Grit #6 + Scott's Multi-Level Cardio Drills

Due to a family medical issue, I was out of town and did not get home until 3:00.  So, I did Grit then, instead of on my usual Wednesday.  I thought that it'd be much more doable at 3 than at 5:30am.  It was good but difficult!  After that 25 minutes, I did Scott's Cardio Drills for an additional 20 minutes of work.  Whew!  It was a good day!  But tiring.

Tuesday: Amy's Complete Strength and Conditioning

I was ready for weights and a lighter cardio workout today and I got it.  Amy's workout is so good but I kept it low impact to help my feet.  The push-ups are getting easier, at least when they're in sets of 10, probably due to Yoga Revolution.  Yoga uses so much arm strength, it's incredible!  I was able to walk for only about 15 minutes outside at lunch today.  While not a workout, it was a welcome change at midday.

Wednesday: Les Mills' Sh'Bam #19 + Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + Amy's Sports Sculpt

Today was different.  I had my yearly physical (ewoh!) in the morning which meant I had more time to work out.  Yay!  So, first up was Sh'Bam.  #19 is fun; I remembered it from last time.  After that, I upped the intensity a bit with Ilyse's Intervals - fun but with tons of jumping.  And finally, Amy's Sculpt is more low impact than high, so a great substitute for my lunchtime walk at the rec center (which wouldn't happen today).  So, 65 minutes of cardio!

Thursday:  Les Mills' Combat #64 + weights

As I tuned into this Combat, it seemed familiar from last time.  And soon they were into leg work and it was very familiar.  And painful.  Ha!  Lots of lunges and lunge jumps.  I did the longer workout so this was longer than the 40 minutes I had this morning.  But those 40 minutes were enough!  Whew!  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.  That always makes me feel productive!

Friday: Yoga Revolution + Dozois' Barre Blend

It was so nice to wake up to Yoga Revolution - instead of having to wait to do it all day!  Adriene had a good practice today which helped ease me into this Friday.  After that 30 minutes, I did about ten minutes of Michelle's Barre workout - just to get moving and revisit this fun workout.  The days of Glo are limited - down to only 5.  Eek!

Saturday:  Combat 60 Live - Ultimate Warrior's Workout + Amy's Cardio Intervals


I was a bit pressed for time today but thankfully that only meant I had to put off Yoga Revolution until the evening.  I did all of Combat 60 Live - which is 45 minutes long.  It's so much fun!  Then, I tuned into Amy's Intervals on Glo....for the last time.  Sigh.  I'm so bummed.  But this one is so good and really worked me hard.  So, 70 minutes of cardio today and then a nice stretch.

Sunday:  Peak 10 More Cardio Strength + McLean's Cardio Hip Hip

No lie: I was dreading this CS today.  It goes to the floor so much.... But I got through it amazingly well.  The floor work isn't as bad as it used to be, probably from Yoga Revolution - and all those down dogs.  Ha!  After that 50 minutes, I did McLean's dance workout.....for the last time.  Still so bummed.  Sigh.  Another 70 minutes of cardio.  Then, five minutes with the bigger weights and, finally Yoga Revolution.  It was short today - under 20 minutes - but it was still good!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1194
Tuesday - 1383
Wednesday - 1197
Thursday - 1189
Friday - 1187
Saturday - 1170
Sunday - 1274

I really tried to be good this week since last weekend was so bad.  And Super Bowl weekend will be bad next weekend.  Sigh.  I feel good when I eat this well....  But I do get hungry for those bad-for-me foods.  

No comments: