Monday, January 2, 2017

Holiday Week Workouts 2016

For the first time in our courtship and marriage, we're home for Christmas after always going to Nashville.  It's good and it's bad but two good things is that I have more control over my eating and I can work out.

Despite eating too much, I was determined to keep up my workouts this week...  Being off work made it easier.

Monday: Dozois' Rockin Body Cardio

I did my traditional post-vacation workout, Dozois' old dance video, the day after Christmas. Thankfully, I only missed one workout - Christmas Day - so I didn't feel too sluggish.  But I was tired and this one was a bit more difficult to get through.  It's a fun one, though, and that made it worth it.  So, 45 minutes of cardio and then a stretch and crunches.

Tuesday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix

Today, I had to jump out of bed and workout, much like a work day.  Thankfully, I got up at 6:45 instead of my usual 5:30.  This workout is a lot of fun but my feet were really hurting, I think from being on my feet in the kitchen so much the previous two days.  Stupid plantar fasciitis.  Ugh!  I dug out my new sneakers and they helped a bit.  So I was able to get through this workout and then added on 5 more minutes of my cardio to get a full hour in.  I then stretched and planked.  

Wednesday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix + Ilyse's Groovy Dance Party

It had been so long since I'd last done this CS Remix that I had no idea what I was getting in to.  And it was tough!  Every circuit, except the last, went to the floor.  Dang!  I definitely got a good workout!  After that 50 minutes, I tuned into Ilyse's dance workout.  I love this one!  And it goes by so fast - 20 minutes!  After that, I stretched and did some ab work.

Thursday:  Amy's Metabolic Meltdown + Total Package

I need something a bit lighter today so I did Amy's level 2 Meltdown - which is still a great workout.  I did almost everything high impact - but didn't jump too high.  Ha!  After that, I tuned into her Total Package workout - a great body strength and cardio workout.  Love it!  And all the floor work really works you hard.  So, 70 minutes for all that, then a nice stretch and ab work.

Friday:  Cathe's Intensity + weights

Cardio time!  Cathy's Intensity is such a great workout, even without the step.  It's fun cardio and then Hi and Lo HIIT.  Dang, what  a workout.  My legs were aching from Amy's endless squats yesterday so this was a bit painful....but good!  After that hour of cardio, I did 10 minutes of weights.  Then, finally, a stretch and abs.

Saturday:  Dozois' Cardio Interval Burn on Glo

I had to get up early today in order to work out so it was a bit rough getting going.  But I did and this workout was definitely not the easiest.  I worked hard and it felt good....  Just thinking about all the food I'd eat over the weekend made me work hard.  Ha!  After I got done, I did a quick stretch and was done!

Sunday: REST

No comments: