Monday, January 16, 2017

Combat Challenge #4: Week Two

I had a lot of fun last week, with this new Combat Challenge.  And that's why it's good to change things up every now and then!  

Also, Adriene's Yoga Revolution has been super fun.  My shoulders hurt for the first five days of the challenge.  Holy cow!  As much as it hurt (ouch!), I like knowing when something that I'm doing is making a difference in my body.  So I'll take a bit of pain now and then.

Monday: Les Mills' Sh'Bam #21 + walk

This morning it was so nice tuning into a 45-minute Sh'Bam workout.  And I love the ones that Rachel leads (she's in all the Combat DVDs).  So this morning was fun!  Sh'Bam isn't the most difficult workout, cardiovascularly, but some days just need to be fun.  At lunch, I walked - quickly - at the rec center and then did some ab work.  

Tuesday:  Amy's Kickin' Cardio and Conditioning + Ilyse's Easy to Follow Dance Moves


Yet another reason why I'll miss Glo....  All those strength workouts I love from Amy and Michelle.  Sigh.  This one is a good one - my arms could barely make it through some of the reps.  Dang!  So many triceps and push-ups!  I got home early, due to a doctor's appointment, so I did 20 minutes of Ilyse's dance workout...followed by my daily yoga.  It was a good day!

Wednesday: Les Mills' Grit #12 + Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals


Ugh.  I was dreading today's Grit like nothing else.  But I got up and did it.  I couldn't get through all the up and downs - to the floor for burpees and back up - but I did pretty well.  These workouts are just so intense.  Afterward, I tuned into Scott's HIIT - which is slow by comparison. But that was fine by me!   At lunch, I walked outside for 20 minutes.  One of my heels is really bothering me.  Sigh.

Thursday:  Les Mills' Combat #66 + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + weights

Yay, Combat!  These workouts are usually a lot of fun and #66 was, as well!  There were some lunges that really made my thighs burn but other than that, it was a blast!  And I love Dan and Rachel.  After that ended, I did Dozois' Blast, which is always great.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center - for the first time since December 1.  Dang.  I didn't have to go down in any weights (yay!) but I couldn't do all the reps that I could do in December.  But I was happy with myself for getting back into it!

Friday:  Yoga Revolution + Dozois' Tight and Toned Core


I needed a super light day and that's what I got.  Adriene had a great session of Yoga Revolution today and it helped ease me into the day.  As I down dogged, I felt the results of yesterday's weights.  But it wasn't too painful.  After yoga, I did 10 minutes of Dozois' ab workout which is super effective.  And difficult.  A good morning!

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster + Scott's Cardio Drill Awesomeness + weights

Time to work super hard.  I started the morning with Michelle's fantastic CIB Fat Blaster.  I love that one so much!  Fun and effective!  After that finished, I did Scott's workout which alternates weights and cardio drills.  Then, I finished that off with five minutes with the 12-pound weights.  Ouch!  That was an hour and twenty-five minutes of work!  My morning ended with Yoga Revolution, which stretched my hips and legs in new ways.  Yay...and ouch!  But it was good.

Sunday:  Les Mills' Combat 60 Live - Ultimate Warriors Workout + Amy's Cardio Intervals

I didn't have too much time today and since I also had to do Yoga Revolution afterward, I only had 60 minutes to do cardio.  So, I did Combat 60 Live, which is really good.   So much fun!  Then, I tuned into Amy's interval workout, which isn't too intense except for the duration of the intervals.  All in all, a good morning for cardio.  I was then able to stretch and do YWA. 

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1168
Tuesday - 1168
Wednesday - 1351
Thursday - 1147
Friday - 1146
Saturday - 1196
Sunday - 1194

I had to be super strict this week so I was happy with myself for accomplishing my goal.  The next two weeks will have more social stuff going on which means more calories.  Sigh. 

No comments: