Monday, January 23, 2017

Combat Challenge #4: Week Three

I'm having a lot of fun with this Combat Challenge.  And with Yoga Revolution!  Put the two together and my legs were super sore by the beginning of this week.  Dang!

But I'll keep plugging along...

Monday: Les Mills' Grit #14 + Ilyse's Your Best, Sweaty Self + Groovy Dance Party


Yay, MLK Day!  I love this day, usually spent at home, knitting and reading.  Today was no different so I used it to get in an extra long workout.  Grit seemed more doable today than a workday so I did that.  And this was a new Grit - no less difficult, for sure.  Yikes!  Then, I tuned into Ilyse's Sweaty workout - difficult with all the jumping.  Then, for a nice substitution for my lunch-time walks, I did Dance Party - super fun.  So, 60 minutes of cardio!

Tuesday: Dozois' Total Body Cardio and Strength + walk

Since the days of Glo are limited, I'm trying to squeeze in some of my favorite workouts.  This strength workout is definitely one that I'll miss.  And today was the perfect day to do it.  I kept the cardio low-impact to give my feet a break!  But Michelle works you hard, for sure.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.

Wednesday: Les Mills' Sh'Bam #20 + Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101


Fun day today!  This was a new-to-me Sh'Bam and it was a blast.  A "Grease" number?!  Yes, please!  I tried to keep my heart rate up but still had a lot of fun.  After that ended, I did the beginning of Ilyse's Dance Intervals, which is all jumping for the first five minutes.  I'll miss this workout as well!  So much fun!

Thursday: Les Mill's Combat #65 + Dozois' HIIT - Breathless and Energized + weights

A good day today!  I wanted to work hard after two lighter days so I did a fun, energizing Combat, led by Dan and Rachel.  Loved it!  Then, my last fifteen minutes were spent with Michelle and her HIIT.  Whew!  I love that one but it's not the easiest!  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.  My legs were already a bit raw from yoga so this really made them work!

Friday:  Yoga Revolution + walk

I was sore today so this yoga was good.  It wasn't super light so I had to work but it still felt good.  At lunch, it was a gorgeous day outside so I walked the perimeter of campus with a co-worker.  It was a nice break!  And a nice 20 minute walk!

Saturday: Les Mills' Combat 60 - Extreme Cardio Fighter + Ilyse's Full-On Cardio Blast

Time for serious work today and Combat 60 makes you work hard, for sure.  But it's fun!  I always enjoy this workout and it has no dread factor, which is so, so nice.  After that 45 minutes of cardio, I did 20 minutes of Ilyse's high-impact Blast.  This one is not my favorite but it really makes you work with constant jumping and jogging.  Wow.  A short stretch today as I was in a rush.

Sunday:  Cathe's Intensity + Amy's Metabolic Meltdown + Strengthen Your Body from Head to Toe

I had time today to work hard and long and I did.  First up, all of Cathe's cardio on her Intensity DVD.  Wow.  Step, high-impact step, hi-impact HIIT, low-impact HIIT (which I made high)...  Whew.  Then, Amy's Metabolic workout, which I also made more high-impact.  That was 65 minutes of cardio. I then did fifteen minutes of Amy's weight workout, which was a lot better than I remember.  Then, yoga.  Ahh....

Calorie Counts:

Monday: 1349
Tuesday: 1174
Wednesday: 1195
Thursday: 1560
Friday: 1176
Saturday: BAD
Sunday: 1255

More social events meant more bad eating this week.  Sigh.  Then it culminated in celebrating my mom's birthday early on Saturday, which was really bad.  Sigh, again.


No comments: