Monday, March 27, 2017

Cathe Challenge: Week One

If you read my post last week, you'll know that I'm now a subscriber to Cathe Live Streaming.  For the next eight weeks, up until our next cruise, the majority of my workouts will be from Cathe.  That should make a good eight week Challenge, for sure.

Monday: VACATION

Tuesday: Michelle's Rockin' Body Cardio + weights + YWA

After so many days of not working out - ahem, 11 days - I needed to ease into it again.  So I did my traditional first-workout-after-vacation video: an older one by Michelle Dozois.  It definitely gets you moving and while the moves aren't crazy hard, I always work up a sweat!  At lunch, I got to the rec to do weights, for the first time in TWO weeks, and was so proud of myself. After work, I did a 16-minute YWA, which focused on lower back pain.  My back was not happy today, for some reason.

Wednesday: Cathe's Kickboxing and Barre + YWA

Today, I didn't know what to expect from Cathe.  Her kickboxing is different from others.  She focuses more on arms than legs and scatters cardio bursts throughout this workout.  It was really effective.  The cardio was so much - jumping! - that I was tempted to take it down a notch, but I persevered.  After work, I wanted to do a more flow-y YWA so I chose this one - though I do not have a broken heart.  Ha!  It was lovely!  And it made me sweat a bit!

Thursday:  Cathe's Intensity + walk + YWA

I'm continuing to ramp up my workouts, post vacation.  Cathe's Intensity is challenging on any day!  I did all the step and then the Lo-HIIT.  I was sweating up a storm and breathing hard - yay!  At lunch, I walked the track at the rec center.  It was good to get out of the office, for sure!  And after lunch, I did a 30-minute YWA for feet!  My feet have been a bit achy - partly from my plantar fasciitis.  So this YWA was lovely!  

Friday: Shape's Bikini Body Camp Transforming + The Gymbox's EDI: Walking + YWA

Since I had Monday off, there was no rest this Friday.  I did Michelle Dozois' cardio from Shape's Body Camp.  It's such a good 30-minute workout, including burpees and lunge jumps.  Whew!  I didn't want to kill myself afterward, so I did 10-15 minutes of Dana's walking workout on The Gymbox.  It kept me moving.  After work, I did a short YWA because I was already cleaning for the weekend.  Ugh.

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster + The Gymbox's Extreme Cardio + YWA

I love this CIB so I chose it to be my first Peak 10 workout, post vacation.  Yay!  And I made it all the way through!  This one is so much fun, it's hard not to - except that it gets harder as you go along.  Ha!  After that 55 minutes, I did 15 minutes of Dana's low-impact Extreme Cardio on The Gymbox.  I like Dana's workouts so far - she definitely pushes you, even when doing low-impact work.  After all that, I stretched, did some sit-ups, and, finally, a short YWA to check in with my tired body.

Sunday: Cathe's Crush It Low Impact Live + The Gymbox's Advanced Kickboxing + weights + YWA

So because I won't have a light, yoga-y day until Friday, I need to not get completely exhausted before then. So I decided to take it down just a bit today.  I did Cathe's low-impact, which was 75% low-impact with weights.  It was good, though Cathe went way too fast on some of the weighted portions.  Then, after that 30-minute workout (yes, a short Cathe!), I tuned into The Gymbox for Jodi's kickboxing.  Some of the cardio was high-impact but it wasn't too bad.  All in all, a good workout.  I did that for 35 minutes, then did some work with the weights for 5 minutes.  Then a stretch, planks, and a chilled out YWA.  

Calorie Counts:

Not great eating this week but I had some good days.  It's always hard after a cruise, when you eat so much and your body gets used to that amount of food.  I had to to try to reign it in this week!  

No comments: