Monday, June 19, 2017

STS Rotation #1: Meso Cycle 1 Week 3

Last week was good - mainly because I wasn't as sore as the week before.  The one workout that really made me sore was the Butt Bible Lower Level 2 workout - OUCH!  

I'm hoping all of this is making a difference with my body.  I really, really hope!

Monday: Cathe's Low Impact Series: Low Impact Challenge + Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible Lower Level 1 + YWA

I keep trying to do Cathe's low impact workouts and they keep getting me flustered with crazy footwork!  At some point in this workout, I gave up and jogged in place.  It was ridiculous.  Sigh.  After that 30 minutes, I did the Butt Bible, which really, really hurt my already sore butt (from Saturday's workout).  Wow.  At least I know my butt is being challenged!  After work, this YWA was nice - movement, for sure, but not too difficult.

Tuesday: STS Chest, Shoulder, and Biceps + walk

Wow, I felt this one today.  I really challenged myself on weights, especially with curls and overhead presses.  The most daunting thing about these Chest days....the push-ups.  There are so many.  My arms were already hurting so bad that I skipped the last bout of push-ups.  I just couldn't do them with good form.  So my arms were aching on the way into work.  At lunch, I walked the track at the rec center and it felt good to loosen up my muscles after sitting at my desk for so long.

Wednesday: Cathe's HIIT Pyramid + Low Impact Series: Low Impact Challenge

The last of Cathe's HIIT series was on the schedule for me today.  I didn't quite know what to expect....but I survived!  This pyramid style is interesting - you increase the time of the HIIT moves and decrease your rest time as you go along.  It was definitely a challenge so I'm glad I was able to to do it!  After that, I found that my Workout Blender started playing the Low Impact Challenge again (from Monday).  I didn't remember scheduling this for two days.  Sigh.  At least I finally picked up on some of the difficult-to-master combinations.  Work and life kept me from working out any more today.

Thursday: Cathe's Body Blast: Kick, Punch, and Crunch + weights + YWA

Yay, cardio!  I was excited about this kickboxing workout today and it was a lot of fun.  In the Workout Blender, I was able to pick and choose the chapters I wanted to do and the order in which to do them. So I did: high-impact, kickboxing, and then intermediate impact.  That was a good format because I gradually cooled down.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center - not fun but I got it done.  And after work, I did this lovely 16-minute YWA to combat anxiety.  I wasn't anxious, just worn out and it was a nice way to end the workday.

Friday: Cathe's Yoga Max

I was a bit disappointed in Yoga Relax, which I did two weeks ago, so I had high hopes for this yoga workout.  It was alright.  It was more intense because you went down and up from the floor more....but I didn't love it.  YWA is now my favorite yoga and she's hard to compete with.  

Saturday: STS Legs + Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible Lower Level 2 + 140 lunges + YWA

Another painful Saturday for my legs.  I started off with STS, knowing anything else would burn my legs out before the hardest part.  And my legs were literally shaking after this STS workout.  So I went and did 140 walking lunges.  Ouch!  Then, 30 minutes of the Butt Bible.  For the hip thrusts, I upped my weight to 13.  Ouch.  I can't tell you how much these hurt.  I stretched a bit afterward and did my sit-ups...  And then used the last bit of energy I had for a short YWA.

Sunday:  Cathe's Tabatacise + STS Back and Triceps + abs

I can't say I was looking forward to my second run-through of Tabatacise but I needed to burn some serious calories.  I got through this, huffing, puffing, and happy to be exhausted. My legs were so sore from yesterday and, unfortunately, after that 40 minutes, there was still work to do.  STS Back and Triceps was good - and it really burned out my triceps.  Ouch!  I like this one, though, because there are always few push-ups and nothing crazy to dread (like in the leg workout).  After that, five minutes of abs and then a stretch.

Calorie Counts:

I had a few good days of around 1250 calories, but the others were a bit higher.  We're trying to have fun this summer, which means more food than usual.

No comments: