Thursday, April 19, 2018

DFW Fiber Fest 2018


DFW Fiber Fest was a few weeks ago and it was a blast, as always!  And I bought too much yarn, as usual!

My knitting friend and I went to the festival on the last day - Sunday.  I was a bit worried that the vendors would run out of stock, but this was not the case!  In fact, it was almost more pleasant to go on Sunday afternoon - the crowds thinned the longer we were there and, by 2:30, we felt like we were the only ones shopping! 

I found some new yarns to love - Magpie, Long Dog, and Amanda Hope.  I bought some yarn from one of my favorite Etsy sellers, Suburban Stitcher.  And my absolute favorite, Must Stash, was there!  I had to get two skeins from her!  


My only disappoint was the lack of bulky yarn.  I wanted some for a project but fingering weight yarn dominated the selection.  Don't get me wrong, I love sock yarn....but you can't only make socks.  Also, a local yarn vendor, Madelinetosh, was not there - for the first time ever.  I was really sad to not see them.

Either way, I'm calling this year's festival a success!  Fabulous yarn was found!

No comments: