Thursday, April 12, 2018

Submarine Socks




I fell instantly in love with this yarn when it was posted online.  And I knew who would love some socks made out of it, too!  So the purchase was totally justifiable, right?!  

Pattern: Twin Rib by Charlene Schurch (Sensational Knitted Socks)
Yarn: Must Stash Yarn & Fiber Perfect Self Striping Sock (Yellow Submarines colorway)

Needles: US 1 (2.25mm)
Made for: a secret
Time to completion: 7 weeks


I love, love, love this yarn.  I just bought more at the Fiber Fest!  But I hate, hate, hate knit 1 purl 1 patterns.  I don't know why I chose it this time but NEVER again.  I've never dropped stitches so many times in my knitting career than with these socks.  Arg!  But at least I've gotten really good at picking up those stitches!

For these socks, I tried something new - a different color for the cuff, heel, but not the toe.  I didn't think I'd have enough yarn for the toes.  Plus, though I love Schurch's patterns, she never said when to change colors in the pattern.  And because I was uncertain of that and the amount of yarn, I skipped the yellow toes.   Maybe next time!

No comments: