Monday, April 2, 2018

Metabolic Rotation: Week 4

Holy cow!  It's almost a month now!  Time flies when you're having fun!

I'm loving this rotation and the results it's giving me.  Having so many Cathe live workouts to choose from is so nice!  

Monday: Cathe's Step HIIT (upper body) + walk + YWA


This live workout was originally entitled Step HIIT + Upper Body Weights - which is an accurate description.  I only did about 15 minutes of the step before I fast-forwarded to weights.  And this ended up being a great upper body sequence.  It was tough but the moves were different enough that it kept me energized.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did some planks.  And this YWA was really good - it made me sweat just a bit.  

Tuesday: Cathe's Lean and Mean Legs Live + walk

I felt a bit better this morning after some good sleep.  And it's a good thing because this leg workout contains more cardio - high impact - than the others I've done.  You do some in the beginning and then you do a lot of jacks and plie jacks with the fire walker loop.  Ouch!  I think that's the first time I used the loop for cardio and it was intense!  You do some work with weights - squats and lunges, as well.  I had to cut this morning short by about 4 minutes due to bad weather.  At lunch, I walked again and did my sit-ups.

Wednesday:  Cathe's Kickbox and Barre + YWA

This morning, I woke up with a pounding headache.  Oy.  I got through this workout but I had to modify some of the endless jacks - making them low impact.  My head just couldn't handle it.  I like this workout but I wish there were more combinations.  I didn't do the barre, continuing with my own cardio/boxing instead.  After work, this YWA was great to help me calm down after yet another horrible commute.

Thursday:  Cathe's Strong & Sweaty: PHA Training + YWA

Weights this morning - and an elevated heart rate, thanks to PHA.  This was a fun workout - 12 reps of everything.  You repeat one set of exercises 3 times before you start a new set (there are only two sets).  It moves fasts and alternates upper and lower body parts to make sure your heart rate stays up.   I'll just say - I hate step ups onto a step ladder.  UGH!  This YWA was nice but not my favorite.  At least I stretched a bit.

Friday:  Cathe's Fitness Fusion

I did this workout last year but had no memory of it this morning.  With the holiday, I was actually able to do the entire workout, though I skipped the abs.  This was a fun and varied workout.  You start with kickboxing and then move into a HIIT segment.  Last but not least is a short weighted leg section.  My heart rate stayed up throughout this fun workout.  After that 45 minutes, I did a good stretch since I was still sore from Thursday's weights.

Saturday: REST

We were out of town for the holiday.

Sunday: Cathe's Cardio HIIT Metabolic Live + YWA

A new workout!  This one was really great.  You did a HIIT move, a compound exercise, and then a weighted move (working one muscle group).  My heart rate stayed up and I got a great workout!  I like these that are varied - I never get bored and I love compound exercises!  After the standing work finished, I did some additional cardio to get in 40 minutes.  I then finished the video - chest work on the mat and then abs.  I stretched and then did this YWA, which helped me stretch some more.  Fun!

Calorie Counts:

I ate well Monday through Wednesday, staying at or under 1200 calories.  And then the holiday hit.  I didn't fall off the wagon completely, but I ate more than I should have.  I didn't dare weight.

No comments: