Monday, April 9, 2018

Metabolic Rotation: Week 5

This rotation is flying by and I'm not happy about it!  I'm really enjoying all the new workouts.  I don't want to go back to only doing one of Cathe's series.....  Oh, well.

It's a good thing to enjoy working out!

Monday: Cathe's Warrior Kickboxing + YWA

I love Monday kickboxing mornings!  I'd done this workout before but I didn't remember it.  It has some really fun combinations!   Cathe does kickboxing really well so I'm usually happy but this one was extra good!  After work, I did this YWA, mainly to help stretch out my shoulders which were tight and sore.  It's really good!

Tuesday: Cathe's Barbell Upper Body Live + walk + YWA

This workout, obviously, uses a barbell, which I don't have.  I used dumbbells and almost died.  So many reps!   I did the best I could but usually had to lower my weight after a while.  At lunch, I walked and then did a good stretch and added in some planks.  After work, this YWA was good, though I only got through about 20 minutes of it.  My arms were getting sore so I made sure to stretch them really well.

Wednesday: Cathe's Lower Body Burn Live + walk

Legs today.  And considering how sore my arms/shoulders were, it was a good thing.  This workout started with about 5 minutes of cardio.  Then, you move on to weights, the firewalker band, and sliding discs.  And I used the band for everything - jacks etc.  Whew!  At work, I walked at the rec center and did my sit-ups.  I was tired after all that.  A bad commute meant I had no energy for a YWA.

Thursday: YWA + YWA

So I've decided to go through and do Adriene's first 30 day yoga practice, 30 Days of Yoga.  I'll do these out of order (as shown above) and when I have time - but I won't do any other of her practices until I finish it.  I'm finding that her earlier yoga is a bit more challenging - at least, less thoughtful - so I hope it'll help me up my yoga game.  I started with day 2 because it looked more challenging than day 1 and then, at the end of the day, went on to day 14 to get some good stretching in.  Very nice!

Friday: Cathe's PHAT 2


I'm really liking these PHA/PHAT workouts.  They're strength but with a cardio component, which makes them metabolic.  And it's great to burn calories and build muscle without jumping around.  But.  This worked me hard.  All the crazy hard leg work was in the first rotation - step ups, elevated lunges, squats off the riser.  Ouch!  Thankfully, that meant the second rotation seemed a lot easier.  I liked this workout but it wore me out.  And that's saying something.

Saturday: Cathe's Athletic Training Live + Rock'm Sock'm Blizzard Blast + RWH Abs 2

This workout was different, and thankfully low-impact.  Athletic Training started with cardio and them moved into weighted cardio and compound exercises.  My heart rate was sky high and I was having fun.  Then, Cathe went into arms, which was not really what I wanted.  So, after those, I did the Blizzard Blast to keep my heart rate up for longer.  So, 50 minutes of cardio/strength.  I then did abs - ouch - and stretched.  It was a good morning!

Sunday: Kelly Coffey Meyer's Plateau Buster

When I went to do my Cathe workout for the day, the video kept messing up.  Whether it was Cathe's site or our internet, it just wasn't happening.  So, in desperation, I got a DVD - and a new one!  I got Kelly's workout for Christmas and still hadn't tried it.  This morning, I tried it.  I did parts of the first and second difficult rotation - meaning she puts in bonus moves that are more advanced.  It was a good workout and I'm glad I have it.  I did 45 minutes and worked hard.  Then, a stretch.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1206
Tuesday - 1210
Wednesday - 1197
Thursday - 1180
Friday - BAD
Saturday - 1630
Sunday - 1558

I weighed on Thursday and I was up a pound.  That's not too bad, considering how bad we ate last weekend, on the holiday weekend (for four day - ugh).  I'm trying not to freak out because we're going to be a bit more lax in our diets for a while.

No comments: