Thursday, April 26, 2018

Roasted Chicken and Veggies

I try to eat my vegetables every day - but I struggle sometimes.  There are only so many easy options for vegetables when it comes to meals for one (Mr. Higgins is less than thrilled with daily veggies).  

Though I've struggled with my daily veggie intact, I can't believe I never thought to look on Pinterest for ideas...until recently. 

I found this recipe and decided to try the veggies only.  If I didn't like them, I didn't want to have a meal with them and chicken.  But no worries - I loved these veggies!  I used red onion, red bell pepper, zucchini, and broccoli.  Yum!  After the fact, I learned I could decrease the olive oil to 1Tbsp.  


A week later, I tried this entire recipe...though I tried to do the spices on my own.  The veggies and rice (which I decrease) were great.  But I should have followed the spice directions for the chicken. It needed more....umph.  I let Mr. Higgins have a serving and he loved it!  "This is a keeper!," he exclaimed.  I definitely like it and plan to make it routinely for easy meals....but I need to master my spice technique.  And maybe find some other marinades, etc, for the chicken!

I love finding new yummy recipes!

No comments: