Monday, April 30, 2018

Metabolic Rotation: Week 8

I'm so sad to be done with this rotation!  I don't want it to end!  I'll do three weeks of random stuff after this and then XTrain/RWH...  Sigh.

This rotation may have made me a Cathe junkie.  LOL!  Though I was hesitant when I first met her workouts, Cathe has made me stronger and has seriously upped my game.  I'm building more muscle in my legs....and I want to have Cathe's legs!  Things that used to be very difficult - tuck jumps, for example - are not just not that hard.  Incredible!

Now, speaking of legs....

Monday: Cathe's Legs and Glutes Live + walk + YWA

So...my legs were really hurting on Sunday after Saturday's barre torture...and they were still sore today.  But I made myself do this workout and I'm so glad I did!  It was so difficult!  Ha!  I skipped most of the cardio blasts in the workout because I wanted a day with no jumping.  But even without the blasts, my heart rate was sky high throughout this one.  Wow!  It was definitely one of the harder live leg workouts!  I walked at lunch - and stretched the legs a lot - and then did this YWA at the end of the day.  It helped stretch the legs even more!

Tuesday: Cathe's Smokin' Upper Body Live + walk 

I did this workout in the first part of this rotation and it seemed especially hard this morning.  For some insane reason, I tried to do it all with 12 lb weights.....well, that was almost impossible.  Sigh.  I made a note to use 8s and 10s next time!   But at least I got a good workout!  At lunch, I walked at the rec again and then planked.  And unfortunately, life interrupted yoga. 

Wednesday: Cathe's LIS: Afterburn + YWA

Ah, low impact days are great.....but Afterburn is no cakewalk!  Cathe works you hard in this workout from her Low Impact Series.  What gets me - she goes to the floor so much for burpees and other torturous exercises.  That's always a challenge for me - especially this morning when I had a headache.  Ugh.  But I got through it and it was a great workout, as usual.  This YWA was really good - a nice balance of floor and standing work.

Thursday: REST

I didn't feel well so I actually took a complete rest day.

Friday: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty: Total Body Giant Sets

According to my notes, I did this workout in December....but it did not seem familiar.  I liked it - no repetition!  Or at least, not in the true sense of repetitions.  The giant sets alternate upper and lower body so your heart rate stays up.  I lifted as heavy as I could but Cathe does a lot of reps - at least 16.  I'll definitely be doing this video again!

Saturday:  Cathe's To the Max + YWA

This workout....  Is it metabolic or cardio?  I don't know, but I like it!  It's tough but not quite as bad as Crossfire or X10, which means I don't dread it like I dread the other ones.  It's fun and challenging - and gives you a great workout.  It contains solid step, tabata, high impact HIIT, low impact tabata, a compound leg section, and abs.  I skipped the low impact tabata and still got in a solid 45 minutes of cardio.  I then did the abs and the stretch.  Very nice!  To finish off my morning, I did this short but good YWA - it really got me moving.  Again.

Sunday: Cathe's Metabolic Conditioning Live + STS Ab Circuits

I was looking forward to a metabolic workout today and this one did not disappoint.  It was actually a lot of fun!  Cathe kept me guessing on whether we'd do a cardio move or a weighted move, so that was fun.  I added on five additional minutes to make it 45 minutes of work.  Then, I did five minutes of legs with ankle weights.  And finally, the torturous Ab Circuits.  I only did 11 minutes of the 17 minute workout (No Equipment Abs)...because I was exhausted.  And then I stretched.  A good morning!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1210
Tuesday - 1195
Wednesday - 1384
Thursday - 1178
Friday - bad
Saturday - 1356
Sunday - bad

Even though I ate too many chips (with salsa) on Wednesday, I weighed on Friday morning....and couldn't believe it.  I'm now down to my low pre-cruise weight.  Again.  Gone was the 0.5-1lb I had gained last week.  Wow.  I just can't believe it!

No comments: