Monday, April 23, 2018

Metabolic Rotation: Week 7

Well, I'm down to the last two weeks of this rotation.  Then, for the last three weeks before vacation, I'll do some Michelle Dozois along with my Cathe!

But for now, I'm really enjoying the variety these workouts are giving me!

Monday: Cathe's Legs on Fire Live + walk + YWA


I was supposed to do arms this morning but they were still aching from Saturday!  So, legs it was.  This was another great live workout, consisting mostly of strength with a few cardio blasts.  It was tough - but I loved the burn!  Unfortunately, my stomach was a bit upset so I had to cut this five minutes short.  At lunch, I walked outside because it was  such a gorgeous day out!  And after work, this YWA was great - because I was so, so tired.

Tuesday: Cathe's Upper Body Sculpting + walk + YWA

This was a stressful morning...but I still managed to work out!  And this was a great upper body workout - very well rounded, hitting every muscle group equally.  It was so well done that I was aching before it ended!  Ouch!  And it was only exacerbated by my soreness from Saturday.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did my ab work.  After work, I continued with 30 Days of Yoga.  This one was a good stress reliever!

Wednesday: Cathe's XTrain All Out Low Impact HIIT

It's been awhile since I did this XTrain workout.  And it's good and super effective!  Cathe does such a good job with low impact workouts!  This one, especially, kept my heart rate up there.  Amazing!  I didn't remember all of this workout but I like that you don't repeat the HIITs - unless you do them on the other side. This is always nice and helps eliminate the dread factor.   A good morning!

Thursday:  Dozois' Body Fit 360 + YWA

I had another bad night due to stomach issues so I was pretty lethargic this morning.  I did about 20 minutes of this workout before I fast-forwarded to the stretch.  This is one of my favorite workouts but it has so much work that goes up and down from the floor....  And that was more than I could handle today.  But the stretch was lovely!  This YWA was really nice because I wanted something light.

Friday:  Cathe's Push Pull Total Body

This workout surprised me!  Because I really liked it!  It flowed really well and moved quickly, which kept my heart rate up.  I tried to go as heavy as I could and my arms were hurting in no time!  Dang!  And I loved the timing - I was able to go to the end!  And even do the abs and stretch!  Wow!  I'll have to do this one again!

Saturday: Cathe's HIIT Fit Circuit + ICE To the Mat


Metabolic day!  This was a great workout!  I did it almost exactly a year ago, but, as usual, had no memory of it.  This has five circuits.  Each circuit contains a high impact HIIT move, a low impact HIIT move, a weighted upper body move, and then a lower body move.  It was so varied and fun!  After 35 minutes of those circuits, you do about 10 minutes of barre - which is torture, as usual.  I then finished off with about 11-12 minutes of To the Mat - just to make my legs suffer more.  Sigh.  Finally, I stretched and that felt incredible!

Sunday: Cathe's Cardio Strength Blast + RWH Abs 1

Another new-to-me metabolic workout!  This one alternates a high impact cardio move and a strength move.  It was somewhat similar to Afterburn, except that it was high impact.  The strength moves focused primarily on the legs, which was good and bad.  Good because my arms still hurt, bad because my legs were really hurting.  Ha!  I made it through, though, and had fun for these 45 minutes.  Then, RWH abs.  And after that, a stretch!

Calorie Counts:

Monday -1219
Tuesday - 1222
Wednesday - BAD
Thursday - 1178
Friday - 1687
Saturday - 1320
Sunday - bad

I weighed on Tuesday morning and was the same as the last time.  Yes!  Despite bad eating, I'm maintaining.  Which makes me wonder - what if I was eating better?  Ha!  I will - soon enough.

No comments: