Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Infestation!

I've had a continual headache ever since my move and I'm really beginning to lose all patience for it. About a week after my move, I found fleas on Doug the Cat. As soon as possible, I bought Frontline for both cats. Syb had been on this before and I never saw a flea on her.

Over the weekend, I found a live flea on my bed. Yesterday I found a live flea on Doug and then one in my sock (on my person!). I wake up and can't go back to sleep, fearing fleas crawling all over me (though there are never any in the bed), and I go around itching constantly, paranoid that there are fleas on me (not that there are). It's awful.

I have no idea what to do. It's not like there's an infestation in the house; I've only seen a few! But I know they're outside where about six stray cats loiter. I have tons of mosquito and flea bits on my legs and I find new ones after every venture outside to do yard-work.

So, even if I bombed (flea bomb!) the house (which would be virtually impossible with two cats and exposed dishes), the fleas are still going to be outside which means I can still bring them in.

Right now, all I know to do is call the vet and see if they have suggestions for Doug since Frontline didn't do the job. I welcome any and all suggestions. Please help!

No comments: