Wednesday, June 30, 2010

De-Sexualized

I read a very interesting article yesterday that I thought you might enjoy....

My circumstances for finding it were amusing - after returning from the doctor. It brings up something that I've always had issues with... Hollywood being obsessed with anorexic-thin women. As the article says, they're making women masculine - thin, muscled, with small or no breasts. The voluptuous beauties of our era are not white, they're African American or Hispanic. I've noted this for years but that hasn't stopped me from trying to tone up and lose weight. It's not that I want to be de-sexualized - quite the contrary, actually. I'm looking for balance.

It took me a long time to embrace my femininity - I was a tomboy, after all - but now that I have, I wouldn't trade it for the world. It would be nice if society would embrace the natural curves of a women...instead of trying to make her into a 12-year-old boy.

No comments: