Monday, June 14, 2010

A Saturday Night

Every relationship has its hurdles, obstacles, and milestones. Some, you are conscious of and some, you are not. Mr. Higgins and I have jumped through and glided through most of these thus far and Saturday night was no different...though I think we were both nervous.

We finally met, in a group setting, all of our close friends. I finally met Mr. Higgins' two best friends and he finally met SK and was re-acquainted with AL. We met at a Mexican food place that's a kind of institution in the area and let the margaritas flow. What I thought would last a few hours, lasted four. The guys talked about guy stuff and the girls talked about girl stuff...and the guys...and we all seemed to have a good time, given the circumstances. We were all on our best behavior, I'm sure, but it was still good.

The restaurant asked us to change tables at one point and Mr. Higgins and I ended up opposite each other at a large, round table. It was cool to watch him interact with my friends and his, all the while glancing at me every now and then, or winking when he caught my eye.

I only hope I made a good impression with his friends. I'm not the most sociable of people, you know! Ha!

No comments: