Monday, June 21, 2010

Parental Visit

My parents came into town for Father's Day, which meant my dad saw my new abode for the first time. Of course, he commented on the weeds in the front yard....he is ever critical.

But it was a good day. We went to brunch and ate way too much. Then we ran a few fun errands, including a stop at Mr. Higgins' house. Dad was, again, ever critical.

It was good to see the parents but I'm glad I have my own place now. My father and I always seem to rub the wrong way. He's a great dad but our expectations of my life differ a lot. And I can't live my life in a way that will make him happy and me miserable. I have to live my life the way that I want to. That's always where we butt heads.

I know he has good intentions. He's a wonderful dad who only wants to see me succeed. And I hope he had a wonderful Father's Day.

No comments: