Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Knit Night

SK and I finally began our own Knit Night last night. I took the only knitting that moved with me: my knitting bag of current projects, not really knowing what was inside.

I found the crochet scarf we started in class and worked on that for quite a while. Thankfully, my little bit of crochet knowledge had not deserted me! I like that there's very little thinking involved in that one. It made conversation easy!

Next I took out my Ballband Dishcloth and that was another story. I hadn't worked on it in a while and the pattern looked completely foreign - even more so after half a glass of wine. I got through eight or so rows but there were a few times when I had to backtrack and redo stitches. Counting to five, after all, is difficult. Ha!

It was a fun night and I can't wait to do it again. Who knows? Maybe I'll have some Christmas presents done by Christmas! Er....that means I should probably start on them tomorrow.

No comments: