Friday, July 30, 2010

Burned

It's a common theme I've been hearing about lately... Good people getting burned or taken advantage of by those close to them. Several of my acquaintances have done status posts on Facebook on the subject, which surprised me. That's awfully personal information to put out there! But apparently there's a lot of hurt going around. And I often feel the same way.

I try to do the right thing and be a good person. I rarely stand up for myself and, as a result, have gotten hurt many times. Being an only child, I've always preferred and, to a certain extent, craved isolation. I don't have many friends nor do I want a large social circle. I let few people in but I trust those that I do. And though I'm a hardcore introvert, I crave social interaction at times, though the effort it costs me to be sociable often leaves me exhausted.

And so it doubly hurts when I get burned.

At least there's some comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one this happens to.

No comments: