Friday, July 23, 2010

Sookie #10

Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series is one of my favorite. Yes, it's the series that HBO's 'True Blood' is loosely based upon. The show is disgusting. The books are interesting, funny, and action-packed.

I pre-ordered the new book - #10 - and it arrived in May. I've had a busy few months and I wanted to wait to begin the book until things had settled down. I can, after all, sit down and read one of these books in one sitting! So, I started #10 this week but I'm going slow on it. I want to savor it. If I blow through it too quickly, I'll forget what happens. I want to remember it and enjoy it!

Hence, I'm about two-thirds of the way through Dead in the Family. It's a good book so far, like all in the series but it's also surprising - even with the title - that so much of it revolves around family.

I won't say anything more until I can give you a full report...but let's just say that I'm really enjoying Sookie's new adventure!

No comments: