Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Unsafe

Last Friday I worked from home during the afternoon. It was the only day that week that I did so. Around two o'clock I went out to get something from my car and ran into my next door neighbor, whom I'd yet to meet. He said hello and then dropped a bombshell: someone broke in and robbed them that morning.

A crime alert had been circulated the prior weekend about a woman going around casing houses - looking in windows and not being at all shy about it. I had been on edge. The news of a break-in next door sent me over the edge. I've been scared ever since. Sleep is not something that comes easy and nightmares occur in the few hours of actual sleep I get.

Ironically enough, a new digital meter was installed by the electric company at the house last week that - annoyingly - screwed up the motion detector security light by the backdoor. Now, the light comes on too often.....which wakes me up.

I'm on my last nerve and am just plain exhausted. If you happen to encounter me, that's why I look terrible and why I'm in a bad mood. Just a warning and advance apology.

And no. I do not own a gun nor do I plan on getting one. I'm not that Texan! Ha!

No comments: