Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Alaska Cruise: Around Vancouver

 We're back from our amazing Alaska cruise and I have so much I want to share with you!

First off: Vancouver.  When we booked this cruise, I was very disappointed that we could not spend any real time in Vancouver  This would be my first trek into Canada and I was sad that I would not get to explore one of its biggest cities.  

We arrived shortly after midnight on Friday, having flown from DFW to Seattle to Vancouver.  Our dark drive to the hotel proved what I'd seen online: the city was so neat!!  The road of our hotel was immaculate.....and we were not in a trendy part of town.  

The next morning, we awoke early, as usual.  We got ready, met my parents at breakfast, and then walked outside to explore.  We knew there was a city park behind the hotel and it was just as pretty as GoogleMaps said.  


Minoru Park is beautiful.

We walked along the trails in the chilly morning air and were delighted to find rabbits hopping happily around.  


There were also geese...and baby geese!


Why, oh why, can't we have parks like this at home?! 


I was utterly charmed by it all.  We all were! 

After exploring the park, we packed up and checked out of the hotel.  We were bound for our ship: Radiance of the Seas.  

No comments: