Monday, June 17, 2013

Dead Ever After

On the cruise (actually, mostly on the flight to Vancouver), I read Charlaine Harris' last book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, Dead Ever After.

This is the review I posted on Goodreads:

Finally, the last volume of Sookie Stackhouse's journey.

I must admit, I knew where - and with whom - Sookie would end up. I'm sure many other readers knew, as well. That made me a bit unenthusiastic about reading this book, though it's sad to admit. There were not many surprises in this book but it was good to see Sookie's troubles, hopefully, come to a close.

The villain of the book did surprise me, so at least there was that.

Though I like this series, I'm glad to see its end. Ms. Harris writes good fiction but not great fiction. She entertains and, even though Sookie is completely dumb and utterly vapid at times, has created a great set of characters. I will miss them all.

No comments: