Thursday, April 3, 2014

April Update

The tulips and bluebonnets are happily dancing in the wind here in Texas!  It's so nice to see spring and warmer - but not too warm! - temps!  Now all we need is a rain - and a lot of it! 
 


I haven't chatted in a while so here are some updates and gripes....

--I am loving making whole chickens in the crock-pot!  With all that chicken, I make salads, wraps, and sandwiches....and all of it is delicious!  My new favorite salad: spinach, romaine, pecans, mandarin oranges, chicken, and a strawberry vinaigrette.  Delicious!

--With all the road construction in the area, I may be well on my way to an ulcer.  This morning, I had to force myself to just go with the flow (never easy for me).  With all the delays, detours, and inevitable accidents, it's all I can do to not pull out my hair everyday.

--Working out in the morning (at 5:30am) is great!  I was taking a morning off, usually Mondays, but found that I was sleepier those days.  So, instead of taking a day off, I'm now doing one of my lighter, older workouts - pilates, yoga, or Michelle Dozois' BodyFit 360.  I'm finding this is gradually helping with my flexibility so I'll keep at it!

--I'm having a lot of fun with my new recipe challenge.  Cooking/recipe blogs have always been fun to look at but now I'm actively searching for recipes to make.  My one gripe about food bloggers, though: when you say something is healthy, post the nutrition info to prove it.  I get so tired of clicking on "healthy" and "skinny" recipes only to find there's a stick of butter and two cups of sugar involved.  Ugh. 

--Along those lines, if you ever thought of commenting or cricitizing something Pinterest, don't.  I called a food blogger out on something labeled "healthy" - that wasn't - and there was no end to people commenting and criticizing me.  Sigh.  Lesson learned the hard way.

And now, in closing, bring on those April showers already!!



No comments: