Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes (2014:16)

I love carbohydrate-rich breakfast foods, just like my mom, who used to make pancakes, biscuits, waffles, and coffee cake when I was young.  Now, being ever conscious of my calorie intake, I get only one real carbohydrate-laden breakfast a week, when I make either biscuits or waffles.  Pancakes, I reserve for the times I'm in East Texas and can eat my mom's.

When I saw a recipe for Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes, I was immediately tempted.  I had unused Greek yogurt in the fridge, blueberries in the freezer, and a want for pancakes.  Since Mr. Higgins does not like the carb part of breakfast like I do (prefering eggs, bacon, sausage, etc), he abstained.  

Once all the ingredients were mixed together, I was immediately worried about how thick the batter was.  I added more than the amount of milk listed on the recipe, just to get the batter liquid-y enough to pour.  The pancakes came out thick and....mediocre.  They tasted healthy and blah.  I was not very impressed.  Since I consider myself a connoisseur of pancakes and carbs, I do have high expectations. 

And these pancakes fell flat.  

No comments: