Friday, April 25, 2014

Little Women

Last month, my book group chose to read Little Women, followed by Geraldine Brooks' March.  

Here's the review I posted on Goodreads of Little Women:

Despite having owned Little Women for years, it took the decision of my book group for me to pick it up and read. Upon starting, it was very difficult for me to get into the book, for the writing is so very heavy and the style very preach-y. But soon I great invested in the girls and wanted to know what would become of them. Jo, representing the closest thing to a modern woman, was my favorite. Marmee was frustratingly annoying in her wisdom and flawlessness. The sisters remind me of the Bennet sisters from Pride and Prejudice and that sisterly dynamic always makes me yearn for a big family. I don’t think I’ll ever read this again but am glad I did. 

No comments: