Monday, January 26, 2015

Combat Challenge: Week 3

Well, with my weight up (though I hope the endocrinologist will help with the thyroid meds later this week), I'm super motivated to work as hard as possible to get these pounds off.  But let me tell you, after eating well for two weeks and doing all these crazy workouts, I better see some results.  Sigh.  That's what clues me into this being the thyroid - usually, my body would have kindly shown me results by now.  

I'm still going strong with my Combat Challenge…

Monday: Michelle's Cardio Strength 2 + Strength Total Body + dance

I was off today for MLK and decided to double up on workouts.  Yes, I'm crazy - and motivated!  I started off with CS2 on Glo - ouch!  This one is tough with all the floor work interspersed throughout.  Then, to get in some much-needed weight training, I did Michelle's strength workout on Glo, which is a lot like her Pure Strength workouts from Peak Fit.  My arms were aching by the end.  For about ten minutes after this, I danced to get the kinks out of my arms and legs.  Almost two hours of working out.  Whew!

Tuesday: Combat 45 - Power Kata + walk

A new workout this morning!  Combat 45 was a nice change from the rather basic Kick Start (Combat 30) - and longer!  It was cold in the house this morning but I warmed up rather quickly with the workout!  Ha!  It got me working and sweating in no time with tons of punches, jabs, and kicks.  I added in my own cardio at the end to get in 45 minutes before stretching for five minutes.  At lunch, I walked at the rec.

Wednesday: Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + Combat Shock Plyo HIIT 2 + yoga

For my short cardio bursts in the morning, I'm trying to not do Michelle Dozois' workouts this week - because I like them too much.  Ha!  Ilyse's dance workout is fun - mainly cardio intervals - and I did it for about 15 minutes before Combat Plyo.  This Combat workout is really difficult and has taught me just how much I loathe lunge jumps.  Ugh!!  Yoga was lovely today; not as intense as last week, it was more of a stretch.

Thursday: Jeffrey Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals + Combat Power HIIT 1 + weights

I like Scott's HIIT because it's low pressure and different.  It warmed me up before Combat.  This Power HIIT - using weights for about 10 minutes - isn't as difficult as the other Plyo HIIT but has 5 minutes of burpees, which is not at all fun.  At lunch, when I went to do weights at the rec, my legs were still so achy from Combat HIIT that the inner and outer thigh machines were not at all easy. Usually, I breeze right through those machine reps so it was nice to know that something is making a difference with Combat!

Friday: BodyFit 360 Vol. 2 - Dance Conditioning

Today was my "rest" day so I did Michelle's new BodyFit 360 - Dance Conditioning.  It's a lot like the original 360 and I really do love it.  Michelle combines high-impact moves, yoga, and dance to get you moving in every direction - and to get you sweating.  It's just enough to make you feel worked out without overworking on a rest day.

Saturday:  Combat 60 - Extreme Cardio Fighter

After eating badly last night - oh, it was so much fun! - I was ready to burn some calories this morning.  Combat 60 definitely gets me sweating.  I put all I had into every punch and it wore me out!  Wow!  I did some extra cardio to get in 60 full minutes and then did my own push-ups (like what they do in the video).  My abs were aching from Michelle's BodyFit the previous day, so I skipped abs today.

Sunday:  Combat Power HIIT 1+ Michelle's Cardio Interval Burn on Glo

A Sunday with little to do but relax meant that I could do an extra long workout.  I started with my own five minute warm-up and then did Power HIIT.  Good grief, those burpees!  I then did three-quarters of Michelle's CIB on Glo.  That totaled 70 minutes of cardio.  I then did abs for five minutes followed by a nice, long 10-minute stretch.  A good day!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1258
Tuesday - 1274
Wednesday - 1274
Thursday - 1278
Friday - BAD
Saturday - 1277
Sunday - 1288

I received good news from the endocrinologist on Thursday.  When I asked her what I could do to lose the 10 pounds my thyroid has caused me to gain, she said, emphatically, nothing: she needs to get my dosage right.  So, I'm on a higher dosage and she wants me to get bloodwork done in two weeks in case I need an even higher dose.  That's good considering the cruise is now only a month away.  Eek!

No comments: