Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins (2015:7)

I've been wanting to try Sally's Baking Addiction's Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins for quite some time.  At only 45 calories they looked yummy and diet-friendly.  The only thing holding me back was maple syrup, which was just too expensive to buy for one recipe.  Then I found more recipes that called for it so I broke down and bought it - at over $5.  Ugh!

These muffins were easy to make.  My only substitution was using butter instead of (yucky) coconut oil.

I really liked these little muffins!  Mr. Higgins' only complaint was that they lacked a bit of sweetness and other unknown flavor.  They were moist and chocolate-y, which meant I was happy.  I don't know if I'll make them again but I may.  Low-calorie muffin recipes are hard to come by!

No comments: