Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies (2015:8)

Mr. Higgins loves strawberry cake, strawberry ice cream.....anything strawberry.  I love strawberries but am ambivalent towards strawberry flavored things.  It's the same thing with bananas with us.  Funny how that works!

I wanted a different cookie to make - something unique - for dessert and saw Sally's Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I was immediately intrigued after running the calorie count through my LoseIt! app.  


When I asked Mr. Higgins if he wanted chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or no chips, he said none.  Well, since I love chocolate, I decided to make half of the cookies plain and then add chocolate chips to a quarter and white chocolate chips to the remaining quarter.

These turned out great.  My only complain was that they were a tiny bit dry.  We both ended up liking the cookies with either chip more than the plain cookies.  My preference was for the white chocolate.  

I'm happy to have a strawberry baked good in my cooking arsenal!

No comments: