Monday, May 18, 2015

Week 1: Pre-Bermuda-Cruise Workouts

With the end of my third Peak 10 Challenge last week, I still have 1.7 weeks until our Bermuda cruise. That means I have to keep up the same intensity...but I can switch up my workouts.  

While I always enjoy the Challenge, it's fun to do some other workouts for a while....though I'll still do Peak videos on the weekends.

Monday:  McLean's Kickbox Your Way to Fit + Ilyse's Easy to Follow Dance Moves + walk

After a tough weekend of workouts, I needed to tone it down just a tiny bit today.  Alex McLean's kickboxing workout was new to me.  I modified the burpees but otherwise did it all - and it was fun and different, which is always good.  Ilyse's workout is always fun; I lover her!  At lunch, I walked at the rec, working up a good sweat!

Tuesday:  Shape's Bikini Body Transforming + Dozois' Heart-Pumping Total Sculpting


I wanted some good cardio so I turned to Michelle's cardio segment in Shape's workout video.  It's good - a mini Peak session, without the peaks.  That lasted 25 minutes (no cool down) and then I did some weights with Michelle's Glo Sculpting workout.  Fun!  And difficult!

Wednesday:  Amy's Intervals + Cardio Intervals + walk

HIIT was on the schedule today so I turned to two of Amy's workouts.  The first one is good, though I modify the burpees with my own moves.  The second one is not my favorite because the intervals are longer.  It's hard to jump rope or just jump for 90 seconds!  At lunch, I walked around campus before the next round of rain.  It wasn't really hard work but it was nice to move.

Thursday:  Amy's Kickin' Cardio and Conditioning + walk/abs

I still don't love Amy - she's just too chatty in her workouts - but some of her stuff is worthwhile and effective.  I can't say she's fun - there's no dancing and everything seems to be timed, but sometimes you just want to work.  And Amy works.  This workout alternates cardio and weights, like some of Michelle's workouts - but it's less fun.  LOL!  It got the job done this morning and was a nice change.  I walked for 20 minutes at lunch and then did ab work.

Friday:  BodyFit 360 Vol. 3: Athletic Conditioning

Leaving for a cruise next week means no real rest until then.  I did 25 minutes of the cardio from this workout (skipping the arms and abs sections) and then the full stretch.  That was my one concession to "resting."  Ha!  It felt so good to have that stretch, though!  

Saturday:  Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit + McLean's Cardio Hip Hop

Wanting to mix up my cardio after the Challenge, I turned to Cathe.  I always dread this Cardio Core workout with a great passion, but I made myself do it.  It's definitely gotten easier over the last 12 to 18 months!  After that 45 minutes, I wanted still more cardio so I turned to McLean's dance workout.  It's a lot of fun!  That lasted for 25 minutes and then I got a ten minute stretch….with some ab work.  So much cardio meant I had over 10,000 steps before my workout ended.  Wow!

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix + Michelle's Quick Lower Body Shape Up

Back to Peak 10 today - yay!  I hadn't touched this CS Remix in a long time so it was nice to do it again.  I'd forgotten how hard it is, though.  There's only one circuit that contains no floor work.  Ugh!  But it felt good - all that sweat dripping off me…..LOL!  Afterward, I wanted some more weights but aimed at the legs.  Michelle's Quick Lower Body workout is painful….she works you that hard.  But at least I got a nice stretch afterward….and sit-ups.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1253
Tuesday - 1292
Wednesday - 1253
Thursday - 1266
Friday - bad
Saturday - 1325
Sunday - 1288

My "bad" Friday wasn't as bad as some - I just ate too much.  But I had salad for both lunch and dinner.  I'm really proud of myself the rest of the week, including the weekend.  Cruises are a great motivation to stick to the diet!  I weighed on Friday morning and I was the lowest I've been this year, down 1.5 pounds from last week.  Wow!  I'm super psyched.  I'm now at my "normal" weight, in the middle of my acceptable 5 pound range.  I like seeing all my hard work pay off.  Finally.

No comments: