Monday, May 11, 2015

Week Eight: Peak 10 Challenge #3

Holy cow!  My last week of this Challenge!  Unbelievable!

I'm super psyched about the results I've already seen - long cardio stints are easier, peaks are less stressful, and the longer workouts no longer kill me.  Yay!  Here's hoping I see some great results with my Fit Test on Sunday.  But first, one more week of fun!

Monday: Pure Cardio + yoga


Last week I took a break from Pure Cardio so it was fun to do it this morning.  It really is one of the best cardio workouts out there.  Yoga at lunch was great - lots of flow but not a lot of planking.  Plus, some great stretches and balance poses we don't do very often.  I loved this class today!

Tuesday:  Cardio Stength 1 on Glo + walk

A rare morning off today - so nice!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center, by myself, which was a nice, quiet change.  Ha!  After work, I did CS 1, which is always tough after a long day.  I got through it but had to modify one move -  a jump to a pile squat with a weighted overhead swing.  I just can't do that safely or easily.  Oy.  

Wednesday:  Barrett's Crunch Super Slim Down: Pilates Yoga Blend

After all that work yesterday evening, I looked forward to something light this morning and Barrett's workout fit the bill.  I love the yoga in this and there's some good core work as well.  I meant to go to yoga at lunch - our last yoga for a while - but I was just too exhausted.  It was a tough day at work and I had no energy.  My body appreciated the extra rest.

Thursday:  Dozois' Total Body Cardio and Strength + walk

This is always a fun one to do.  I love Michelle's perky attitude, which is very helpful and motivating at 5:30am.  The hardest part for me in this workout is still the moving elbow planks - up to the hand plank, down to the elbow plank and on and on.  It's gotten a lot easier, though, which is nice!  At lunch, I walked for about 25 minutes and then stretched since I was super sore for some odd reason.

Friday:  McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits

Wow.  This one is tough; I always forget just how tough.  I got through it, avoiding burpees.  My back really appreciates that: I haven't had back pain in a few weeks now.  Awesome!!  No lunch workout today as we had a business lunch.

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength - Fat Blaster + Ilyse's Work Hard, Have A Great Time

After not eating great this morning and at lunch, I was ready to work this afternoon.  I treated myself to Michelle's new CS Fat Blaster and it's fun - bad hard.  I was so sweaty and tired…..but I kept going.  Ilyse's workout was new to me and it was hard….and I didn't really have a great time.  Ha!  This workout proves that Ilyse isn't all about dance - she can really work you hard when she wants to.  I worked out for an hour and 25 minutes today - and then I stretched and did sit-ups.  Ouch.

Sunday: Fit Test + Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

Unbelievably, today marked the end of my third Peak 10 Challenge.  I dreaded my Fit Test…since I was pretty fit the first time around, I feared little to no improvement.  But there was some - thank goodness!  I was huffing and puffing, though, by the end, so I got through only 30 minutes of the original CIB.  That didn't bother me as I was really achy from yesterday.  So, today, an hour of cardio.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1269
Tuesday - 1269
Wednesday - 1269
Thursday - 1276
Friday - 1638
Saturday - bad
Sunday - 1272

I really tried to be good this week but Friday and Saturday threw a wrench in my plans.  Oh, well, you have to live, right?  


No comments: