Monday, May 4, 2015

Week Seven: Peak 10 Challenge #3

I can't believe I'm down to the last two weeks of the Challenge!  Time has just flown by!

My not-so-great eating of last week needs to be remedied this week!

Monday:  Amy's Intervals + Cardio Intervals + yoga


Despite not sleeping well (I'm so sick of spring thunderstorms!), I was ready to work this morning.  I got through Amy's HIIT Intervals, though I had to do other moves instead of the burpees.  Next up, her Cardio Intervals which was similar but changed up the times of the intervals - 30, 60, then 90 seconds.  It's hard to do one high-impact move for 90 seconds!!  At lunch, I went to yoga.  It was a lot of flow which was not easy but not too difficult.  At the end, we were given a nice stretch.

Tuesday: Michelle's Tip Top Shape + walk


It was time for weights this morning and Michelle's workout always makes me happy.  This one gets me sweating in no time and my heart rate stayed super high even during the weight sections.  Michelle is so good at designing effective, fun workouts!  At lunch, I walked at the rec with a co-worker.  It always surprises me how much I can sweat from simply walking briskly!

Wednesday: Anytime Anywhere + yoga

I had a break last week from AA but it was time to get back into this week.  It's tough but it's easier than it was at the start of this Challenge - so, progress!  It leaves me huffing and puffing like nothing else, though, even now.  Yoga at lunch was nice - a good stretch with just a bit of flow.  Love it!

Thursday:  Michelle's Conditioning for Long Lean Muscles

Now well into week seven of the Challenge, I'm beginning to feel the effects of all my work - and the tiredness.  For the next three days, I'll have a CS, a CIB, and then a CS....sigh.  I'm off on Friday so I decided to do my other CS that day instead of after work on another day.  That's great except for stacking up so many difficult workouts.  And so I knew I needed something light today.  Michelle's Glo workout is like a BodyFit 360 and I toned it down a bit more by limiting the jumping.  I turned the workout off a bit early to do more stretching.  At lunch, I went out with my co-workers but we walked through the neighborhood to a local cafe.  The walk was nice as the weather was perfect.  Lovely!

Friday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength + Ilyse's Just Dance

It was our anniversary today and I must say that working out did not sound at all appealing.  I had time in the morning and got this done ASAP.  It was tough but I warmed up with Ilyse's dance workout for 5 minutes and then did an additional 15 minutes to cool down after the CS.  This original CS is so much harder than I ever remember…..  Oy.

Saturday: Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn + BodyFIt 360 Vol. 3 Athletic Stretch

More CIB is one of my favorite workouts ever.  It's so much fun and has very little dread factor.  The only problem this morning was drama around me.  But I got through it and then did about 15 minutes of the Athletic Stretch on Vol. 3 of BodyFit 360.  That was very nice!

Sunday:  PeakFit Cardio Strength 2 + Amy's All Around Energy + abs

I did Amy's 5-minute warm-up and then CS 2, which runs 50 minutes before the cool down.  Then, 20 more minutes of Amy's workout, followed by the CS 2 cool down and some ab work.  That worked out nicely and I wasn't exhausted by the end of it all.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1675
Tuesday - 1277
Wednesday - 1350
Thursday - 1368
Friday - bad
Saturday - 1399
Sunday - bad

This has been a bad week, as you can tell.  But, I weighed on Wednesday morning and I've lost an additional 0.8 pounds.  Yay!  I went to the doctor on Tuesday and since January, they have me down 6 pounds.  Wow!  I'm going to stay at my current thyroid hormone level for four months, when I'll get more bloodwork.  It'll be so nice to have a break from that!  

No comments: