Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Mini Applesauce Muffins

We had a birthday breakfast at work which meant I had an excuse to bake!  Yay!  I wanted and needed something easy and when I saw these Mini Applesauce Muffins, I was immediately interested.  They looked yummy, moist, and perfect for a group.

I followed the recipe exactly, though I used egg substitute instead of eggs.  When it comes time to bake, I would err on the side of too long rather than not long enough - mine were barely brown on the bottom after being in the oven for the highest allotted time.  Thankfully, I didn't use all the "dipping" butter, which helped with calories.

And they turned out great!  I loved them; Mr. Higgins devoured two; and several people at work wanted the recipe.  So, success!  And, when made as I did, these are 58 calories each - not bad!!

This is definitely a keeper!!

No comments: