Monday, February 22, 2016

Week Seven: Combat Challenge #3

Only two more weeks to go!  Unbelievable!

I'm feeling really good and I'm almost content with what the scale is telling me - especially if I can lose another pound or two.  It's amazing how, once I get into my "normal" 5lbs range, I feel so much better.  


Monday: Sh'Bam #19 + Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals

I did this Sh'Bam seven weeks ago but I didn't remember much - except the music, which is really fun.  It was a nice way to ease into the dreaded Monday morning.  I noticed today that there are longer versions (45 minutes) of some of the Sh'Bam workouts now.  Cool!  After that fun dance ended, I tuned into Scott's HIIT, which is always effective.  

Tuesday: Amy's Kickin' Cardio and Conditioning + walk

This morning, I did weights, knowing I'd be able to walk at lunch.  I really like Amy's weighted workouts and this one is great.  My heart rate stays up and I sweat - always good to know you're working hard, even when you're not jumping around.  There are three rounds of 45-seconds of push-ups in this one - after the first round, I only last about 30 seconds on the last two.  Whew!  I walked the track at lunch today and then did sit-ups.

Wednesday: Grit #6 + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast

These Grit workouts come around way too often.  Ha!  I didn't do a lot of the push-ups today because I was sore from yesterday's weights....and because I wanted steps.  But I got a crazy workout, all the same.  After that 30 minutes, I did Michelle's fun cardio.  I wish she'd post more of these short workouts!

Thursday: BodyCombat #58 + Amy's Total Body Sculpting + walk

This Combat didn't seem at all familiar, which was good.  And challenging!   My arms were achy by the end!  And so I did weights - ha!   I wanted to add in more weights this week and today was the day - about 15 minutes with Amy and ouch!  Using the new 12lbs weights really works me hard.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.  And I was proud of myself for getting over there!

Friday:  BodyFlow #64 + Ilyse's Groovy Barre


Yay, Friday!  Rest day!  Almost.  I started off with ten minutes of Ilyse's barre to get warm and awake.  Then, thirty minutes of yoga with Flow #64.  It felt so good to stretch in different ways than my norm.  And I'm trying to get better with the flow of it - meaning having more muscle control.  That's what makes yoga tough, after all!  And this was my last Flow of the Challenge - so sad.  At lunch, we walked to a cafe - so 20 minutes of exercise, sort of!  

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn on Glo + Michelle's Body Fit 360


So an amazing thing happened today.  Even though I'm not killing myself with high intensity workouts in this Combat Challenge (Grit is the only tough workout during the work week), I'm getting into really great shape.  How do I know?  This CIB was nothing.  I was doing tough moves, that usually kill me, without thinking about it.  It felt great!  After an hour of that, I did Body FIt 360 - all 60 minutes - because I've really been wanting to do it and haven't had the time.  The first 35 minutes is serious cardio so I had sweat dripping off me throughout.  What a great morning!

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength 2 on Glo + Amy's Power Cardio Drills + Dozois' Tight and Toned Core

Okay, so I think I used up all my energy yesterday because today almost killed me.  This CS 2 is so tough - it gets me every time.  And I didn't skimp today, even though it was hard.  Somehow I then managed to get through Amy's workout - weights and low-impact cardio for 20 minutes.  Then, Michelle's ab workout - because I'll be in a bikini a week from today.  After stretching, I was tired.  But also, super proud of myself!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1187
Tuesday - 1189
Wednesday - 1638
Thursday - 1156
Friday - 1445
Saturday - 1223
Sunday - 1294

I got on the scale after my workout on Sunday and was amazed - down two pounds from the start of the week.  Granted, I was super dehydrated at the time, but just seeing that number, in the middle of my "normal" range, was such a relief.  Knowing that if I starve for two months and work my butt off, I can get back down to my "normal" - despite what the doctor says - is a great feeling.  Hallelujah!  

No comments: