Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Sea Salt

I have a FO (finished object) to report!  And it's the best one yet!  

My first adult sweater is done!!!  Yes, done!!!  Finally!



This Sea Salt took me over a year to make.  I started it with my knitting buddy, CS, who was able to help me with the more difficult spots.  It's a very innovative design: you start on a sleeve and knit all the way across the top and on to the next sleeve.  Then, you knit the neckline and, finally, the body.  

My only real adjustment to the pattern was that I made it longer than suggested.   I have a long torso and I like longer sweaters.  My only complaint is that there are some weird spots under the arms and a weird line of stitches at the top.  But that's my inexperience showing - and no one will notice but me.  

I'm so excited! 

Pattern: Sea Salt by Laura Aylor
Yarn: madelinetosh DK Twist
Needle: US 7 
Made for: me!
Time to completion: over a year

No comments: