Monday, February 15, 2016

Week Six: Combat Challenge #3

Only three weeks until I have to get into a bikini.  Eek!  

Since I splurged last week for the Super Bowl, it's time to get back on track in a major way.  I need to hit it hard. 


Monday: Sh'Bam #14 + Ilyse's Heart-Pumping Groove

After tweaking my knee on Sunday, I needed to take it easy today.  Thankfully, the knee doesn't hurt unless twisted.  So, these workouts were fine today.  Sh'Bam was super fun; I vaguely remembered this one from my last round of Combat.  Then, I did Ilyse's lighter dance workout.  This one is so much fun.  I forced myself to not walk at lunch, needing a breather after so much weekend cardio.

Tuesday:  BodyCombat #59 + walk

I wanted to get back to Combat today to test my knee.  It felt fine while warming up and when it came time to do kicks, I took the roundhouse very slowly and carefully.  No pain.  Yay!  And no pain throughout the rest of this fun Combat!  I added on my own cardio for 10 minutes to get in a full 45 minute workout.  At lunch, I did the 1.25 mile loop around campus.  It was a gorgeous day out!

Wednesday:  Grit #5 + Dozois' HIIT - Breathless and Energized + walk


The best thing about Wednesday morning workouts is that they get over and done with eventually.....at 6:30am.  LOL!  This Grit was a challenge.  You repeat one challenge set at the beginning and end and it's a doozy.  Next up was Michelle's fun HIIT.  I skipped the lunge jumps since I'd already done about 100 in Grit.  At lunch, I walked the track at the rec center.

Thursday: Amy's Head to Toe Body Sculpt


Time for weights and I was looking forward to it today!  This is the workout that, a few weeks ago, almost killed my hamstrings.  I was sure to be more careful today and then I really stretched those muscles afterward.  Let's hope I don't have a repeat.  At lunch, I went to a cafe that's a 10-minute walk away so I got some steps!

Friday: Dozois' Barre Blast - Shape and Tone + Flow #65

I was so looking forward to a light day today!  I started out with about 10 minutes of Michelle's Barre workout, just to warm up....literally in the cool house.  Then, Flow.  It was lovely!  I really like how they focus on hamstrings.  Thankfully, Amy didn't break mine yesterday, but it still felt great to stretch them out!

Saturday:  Combat #63 and #64 + Amy's Sculpt and Define Your Legs and Glutes

I decided to skip Combat 60 again in favor of two online Combats.  These are not easy!  Whew!  Sweat was flying!  Ha!  But it was a really good workout!  Afterward, I decided to get some leg work in with Amy's workout.  I used my new 12lb weights on some of the moves and 8s on others.  That was followed by a stretch and sit-ups. 

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster + Amy's Push Past Fatigue and Feel It

My bum was definitely feeling the effects of Amy's workout yesterday.  Ouch.  But I was really looking forward to this CIB today and it was so much fun!  Difficult, for sure, but still fun!  After that 60 minutes, I did weights with Amy - upper body today.  Using the new 12lb weights for the heavy set was a real challenge - I had to alternate arms at times to get through the sets.  My stretch after all this was much appreciated!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1193
Tuesday - 1173
Wednesday - 1335
Thursday - 1238
Friday - 1673
Saturday - bad
Sunday - 1171

Even though I didn't eat as well I would have liked this week, the scale didn't seem to mind.  I was down to my lowest weight so far - and barely within my "normal" five-pound range.  Yes!!  

The endocrinologist had bad news for me on Tuesday - I have to lower my meds again and she doesn't think my weight will go down much more.  Let me tell you, that's not what I wanted to hear.  All I can do, though, is keep at it.  

No comments: