Monday, February 1, 2016

Week Four: Combat Challenge #3

After a great weekend of workouts, I'm feeling good.  I'll feel even better when I see results on the scale!

So, here we go - almost halfway through this Challenge!

Monday: Sh'Bam #16 + Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101

Time for some dance today!  This Sh'Bam wasn't my favorite but it was still fun. And I really tried to not jump too, too much.  Then, I ruined it by jumping in Ilyse's workout.  Oh, well.  It was a fun morning!  I took a 15 minute walk at lunch, just to clear my head.

Tuesday: Amy's Head to Toe Body Sculpt + walk

Amy's workout was new to me - and it was really good!  There was enough cardio and compound exercises to keep my heart pounding throughout!  I didn't love the cardio but at least it was different!  As were some of the weighted exercises.  So, a good workout!  At lunch, I walked at the rec, very briskly.  And stretched a bit.  

Wednesday: Grit #7 + Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals


I used to like Wednesdays....until it became my hardest weekday workout day.  Ha!  This Grit was a challenge - lots of up and down.  Somehow I made it through.  After that minor miracle, I did Scott's HIIT, which is always fun.  At lunch, I walked down to a cafe to meet a friend.  So, about 20 minutes of walking.  

Thursday:  BodyCombat #61 + walk

I'm not sure I like doing weights on Tuesday and Combat on Thursday.  It's good in theory but by Thursday, I'm worn out.  This Combat was tough and considering how tired I was, I had to really work just to get through it.  It's also a longer one - lasting about 35 minutes.  So I did my own cardio afterward to get to 45-50 minutes.  I went for a walk once home - it was such a glorious day outside!  I think the vitamin D did me good!

Friday:  Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior


Even though cardio always calls to me, I knew I needed to take a serious break today.  Bob Harper's yoga video - which I still haven't reviewed - looked inviting.  And it's really good - and a challenge.  He did so many forward folds and my hamstrings were in heaven!  It was just what I needed.  It was a great workout this morning!

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix + Amy's All Around Energy

It's been over a month since my last Peak 10 workout and I couldn't stand it any longer.  There is no better way for me to get a workout and have fun at the same time.  So I took a break from Combat 60 to do this.  Afterward, I did 20 minutes of Amy's strength and cardio.  Wow!  I really like this workout but frequently forget about it!  Fifteen minutes of a stretch and abs and then I was done!  Whew!

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix + McLean's Cardio Hip Hop

I can't say I was looking forward to Cardio Strength as much as yesterday's CIB….but I was still energized to do it.  And…..then it started.  Holy crap!  I forget that this one is super tough!!  You go to the floor in every circuit but the last.  I used my eight-pound weights throughout so I can build strength to eventually use my new twelve pounders and dang!  It challenged me.  That lasted for 50 minutes and then I did 20 minutes of McLean's fun dance routine.  Love that one!  Arms for a bit and then a nice stretch!

Calorie Counts:

Monday -1175
Tuesday - 1184
Wednesday - 1267
Thursday - 1175
Friday - 1251
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - 1261

I weighed this week and the number is going down - but very slowly.  I had fun celebrating my mom's birthday on Saturday.  That was my cheat day, for sure!

No comments: