Monday, February 8, 2016

Week Five: Combat Challenge #3

After seeing the number on the scale finally reach manageable levels last week, I had to have a splurge day for my mom's birthday on Saturday.  I'm hoping that didn't set me back.  

And so I'm motivated, as usual, to keep at it.  And there are only four weeks until our cruise!!  Eek!


Monday: Sh'Bam #15 + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast


After only about 3 hours of solid sleep last night, I was dragging this morning.  So it's a good thing Sh'Bam was first on my list to do.  That was fun - though not my favorite since there was a twerking song (in which I did not twerk).  After that ended, I did Michelle's fun Cardio Blast.  For lunch, I met a co-worker and we walked down to a cafe - so about 20 minutes of walking to get to our healthy meal! 

Tuesday: Amy's Complete Strength and Conditioning + walk

I'm attempting weights on Tuesday again this week.  It's fun to mix up these workouts that Amy does - a bit of cardio and compound weight exercises.  It keeps my hear rate up - and my sweat rate up - throughout the 45 minutes.  At lunch, I walked at the rec to get some steps.  

Wednesday: Grit #3 + Amy's Intervals + walk

Another dreaded Wednesday.  At least I slept better beforehand!  This Grit isn't the toughest ever but it still pushes my limits.  Afterward, I did Amy's HIIT - substituting some of my own moves during the intervals.  I like mixing it up that way!  And talk about an effective morning!  At lunch, I went back to the rec and walked the track.  Ugh.  No more of that this week!

Thursday:  BodyCombat #60

My first thought upon waking up this morning: it's really only Thursday?!  Sigh.  I got up and did Combat - ever a slave to my routine.  This was a fun one with some seriously tough portions (lunge jumps!).  It also lasted about 35 minutes, which was nice.  I then did my own cardio for 10 minutes.  A good workout!

Friday:  Dozois' Barre Fusion + Flow #66


To start off my "light" morning, I did about 15 minutes of Michelle's Barre workout to warm up.  I really like this one.  I took it down a notch, leaving out the jumps.  Then, about 20 minutes of Flow.  Very nice!  I wanted some abs so I did my own sit-ups and stretches to finish off - about 5-10 minutes.  

Saturday: Peak 10 More Cardio Strength + Ilyse's Easy to Follow Dance Moves

No more Cathe for me on weekends (yay!) - it's back to some Peak 10 for me!  I can't say I look forward to this CS -  it is TOUGH.  But I was looking forward to sweating it out.  This one goes to the floor a lot and I was fine until the last circuit.  Whew!  After that 50 minute workout, I tuned into Ilyse's fun dance workout, just to move for 25 minutes.  So much fun!  A bit of arm work with the new weights and then a  nice stretch!

Sunday:  Combat #61 and #62 + Amy's Body Weight Training

The Combat 60 DVDs have gotten a bit stale and, frankly, they're not as difficult as the latest Combats on Les Mills On Demand.  So today, I did two online and dang!  It was tough!  I also twisted my knee on roundhouse kicks, which is a first.  Let's hope it gets better soon.  It didn't bother me much, so I did 20 minutes of Amy's workout.  So, an hour and 20 minutes of cardio.  Cool!  Then, a stretch and ab work.

Calorie Counts:

I was really good this week, except for Saturday and Sunday.  The diet was blown out of the water on Sunday, in fact.  But the scale gave me hope on Saturday morning - I got within, barely, my acceptable five pound range.  Let's hope I can get there again, after Sunday's splurge.

No comments: