Friday, June 10, 2016

Baby Hat and Socks

My BFF is having a baby!  A baby boy!  I love babies - other people's - and knitting for them!  So I was super happy to knit some goodies for this little guy.



Pattern: Shibui Baby Hat and Socks by Helen Bingham in Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders
Yarn: Chameleon Colorworks Bamboo
Needle: US 1 double points (socks); US 3 circs (hat)
Made for: Baby P
Time to completion: 1.5 months


I didn't follow the pattern for the hat so I hope it fits.  I like the rolled edge for babies so I changed that....and I didn't want the top knot either.  But I followed the pattern for the number of stitches and decreases.  

And I love the socks!  Baby socks are the best but when you combine them with variegated sock yarn - wow!   I'll have to do more!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love the socks and hat, and I know Baby Boy P will, too! Thank you so much!