Monday, June 27, 2016

FitnessGlo Challenge: Week 1

FitnessGlo has programs designed by fitness level and goal (i.e. bridal workouts).  These are 8 week programs they've put together - 6 altogether to choose from.

I've decided to try the Advanced program.  In all honesty, it seems a bit too easy but we'll see.  I can always jump more if I need to - ha!  But I think this will be a nice change from Combat and Peak 10.  It'll also force me to try some of the workouts put together by the instructors I don't normally gravitate towards.  This should, hopefully, expand my workout horizons!

Wish me luck!


Monday: Dozois' Burn Calories, Release Stress + Ilyse's Easy to Follow Dance Moves + walk

After a hard weekend of not one, but TWO, Cathe workouts, I decided to take it down a notch this morning. I was still achy from Cathe so Michelle's level 2 workout was nice and low-impact.  After that, I did some of Ilyse's dance workout - still one of my favorites.  At lunch, I walked at the rec.  Must burn calories!

Tuesday:  Amy's Cardio Combo + Definition + weights

This advanced program puts a lot of emphasis on weights, so that means doing weights at home and at work in one day.  Not ideal, but oh well.  Amy's first workout was a combo of cardio and weights - the cardio was lower impact but still effective.  Her Definition was all weights.  It was a very productive morning.  Whew!  I did weights at lunch and it seemed tougher since my  muscles were already well used for the day.

Wednesday: Petra's High Intensity Drills + Dozois' HIIT - Breathless and Energized

I don't do many of Petra's workouts because most are less advanced.  This one is a level 3 and consists of 45 second drills.  Whew!  If you choose the hardest option of moves, this is difficult!  I was working hard!  And then I did Dozois' HIIT - which is always a challenge.  Talk about a good workout!

Thursday: Amy's Kickin' Cardio and Conditioning

Time for weights.  Again.  Amy's level 3 dumbbell workout was in my rotation regularly with Combat but it's been a while since I've done it.  And it's fun!  Amy is so different from Michelle Dozois - she challenges me in new ways.  And this one has some challenging parts, especially where push-ups are concerned!

Friday: Cathe's Intensity

I'm doing a hard workout today since I won't be able to work out tomorrow.  Cathe was calling - well, not really but she was on my schedule.  I did all the step of this workout and then the low intensity HIIT.  This is such a challenging workout for me but at least it was doable in the morning without the high intensity HIIT.  Whew!

Saturday: REST

Sunday:  Scott's Sports Inspired Drills + Bring It On + Amy's Wonderful Cardio Blast + Denise's Completely Core

After moving my in-laws yesterday, my body was still exhausted today.  But I wanted - needed - to work out.  It's cathartic for me, sometimes - my own time to do what I think I need. And so I pushed my body - ha!.  Scott's two workouts used a medicine ball and weights.  I used one of my 6-lbs weights instead of a ball.  And I got a good workout!!  The cardio was good and the strength was sufficient.  Amy's medicine ball workout wasn't as good but I worked hard.  Then, finally, Denise's core was different and good.  I couldn't do my full set of regular sit-ups afterward - my core hurt too much!  A great morning - with 80 minutes of cardio/weighs!

Calorie Counts:

I had a few good, strict days and they helped me feel skinny again.  I didn't weigh but I took my measurements and they weren't bad!  Yay!

No comments: