Monday, June 6, 2016

The Week Before Vacation - Workouts

Yes, that's a lame title, but at least it's specific!  

I have less than a full week before vacation, after the completion of my fifth Peak 10 Challenge.  My body is getting tired but I'm forcing it to go on......

Monday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster

Memorial Day meant I had time for a longer workout.   However, in the midst of this workout, all hell broke loose in the house.  I finished the workout but I had some unscheduled breaks throughout.  Ugh.  I finished off with a stretch and ab work.

Tuesday: Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + Heart-Pumping Groove + weights


I've missed these workouts.  Dance Intervals is so much fun - but difficult!  Ilyse works you hard in this one with non-stop running and hopping in the beginning.  Groove is fun and more low-key - a good break for the joints.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.  The last time I'll do weights before vacation!

Wednesday: Ilyse's Your Best, Sweaty Self + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast

This workout is work.  When Ilyse mentions sweat, she means it.  This workout contains tuck jumps, my favorite move - not.  I modified them a bit.  After this one, I did Michelle's HIIT - always fun and effective.  These made for a good morning workout!

Thursday: Treadmill


With my in-laws in town, workouts at home are not possible.  So, I did 30 full minutes on the treadmill at lunch.  I really focused on adding in serious inclines.  This made my calorie count soar, which I liked to see.  And it made me sweat!  So, a good workout and then some abs and a stretch squeezed into 5 minutes.

Friday:  Treadmill


Amazingly, I was not dreading my treadmill time today.  Yesterday, I watched - with no sound - HGTV while I climbed hills so today I did the same.  Ha!  The 30 minutes of torture went by pretty quickly!  Once again, I raced through a stretch and some ab work afterward.

Saturday: VACATION!

No comments: