Monday, June 13, 2016

Thoughts and Conclusions: Peak 10 Challenge #5

I can't believe I just completed my FIFTH Peak 10 Challenge.  Wow!

Motivation

When the endocrinologist told me that my weight was just going to be higher now that my thyroid is all out of whack, I was seriously depressed.  In February, I got back down into my five pound "normal weight" range and that made me super happy.  But I also stuck to an insanely strict diet.

My main motivation is always to stay skinny because Mr. Higgins is super skinny.  I don't want to be the fat wife. But I also love how much better I feel overall now that I'm exercising and challenging myself regularly.  Life, in general, is better.  I'm going to try not to be freaked out by the number on the scale but it's hard.

Results

At the end of this Challenge, I'd lost 2.2 pounds.  Not great but considering my eating was never consistently as good as I would have liked, I'm not complaining.  In reality, I'm really bummed that I couldn't be more strict with my diet - but life kinda blew up in my face halfway through this 8-week period.  And that's unavoidable.  My thyroid is also partly to blame..... I just can't lose weight like I used to.

But my Fit Test numbers did change!

                                              Before       After

Squats                                       75            77
Front Lunges                              49            53
180 Jumps*                                56            66
Tuck Jumps                               54            66
Push-Ups                                  38            43
Ankle Grabbers                          22            25 
Sit Outs                                    42             47
Plank to Frog                             36            40
Fence Hoppers                          78            87
Side Lunge to Jump Shot           37            37 

*I subbed 180 jumps for the burpees the program called for.

My numbers improved, once again, from the previous challenge.  Yay!  I was a bit annoyed that the numbers didn't improve more from the beginning to end of this Challenge....but my fitness level has gotten so much higher than when I first did this Challenge....  I'm happy!

Going Forward

The only thing I hate about this Challenge system is the Fit Test.  Ha!  But at the end of each Challenge, I'm always excited to do another in a few months.  

In the meantime, I'm going to do something different, once back from vacation.  FitnessGlo has an 8-week challenge program that I'm going to try.  After looking through the advanced program, some of the workouts are still a bit too easy so I'm going to sub in some harder stuff.  And I'll keep doing some Peak 10 workouts on the weekends.  They're too much fun not to do!

No comments: