Friday, June 24, 2016

Gazpacho

For some very odd reason, I've been craving Gazpacho.  Considering I've had about 1.25 servings in my entire life, I thought this to be a bit odd.  

But I went about trying to find a recipe and settled on this one, because it made a larger quantity.  You know me, I'm all about freezing soup.  

To make this, I put it all in the food processor, in batches.  I put a bit of tomato juice in every batch and the consistency was perfect - like a well-blended salsa.  The only changes I made was using canned tomatoes instead of real (too messy) and adding some ground pepper to the finished product.  

Mr. Higgins was not enthused by the idea of this soup.  He thought it was strange and had no idea why I would want to make it.  Then I had him taste it, before it was chilled.  "It's like un-hot salsa!" he exclaimed.  Yes, that's what I've been saying.  Hmph.  

And he loved it.  He said he could eat it every night.  I'll have to add some spice to it - jalapenos or green chilies....  But this is a great base recipe!

YUM!!!

No comments: