Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lemon Poppyseed Pound Cake (2014:20)

Mr. Higgins loves lemon-y things.  After our recent cruise where I ate too many lemon poppyseed muffins, I decided to try to make my own, low-fat lemon poppyseed concoction.  After perusing many recipes, I settled on one from Cooking Light for Lemon Poppyseed Pound Cake.

After reading the reviews of the recipe, I made a few changes.  I added 1 teaspoon of lemon extract; subbed Splenda for sugar.  Instead of the glaze filled with powdered sugar, I microwaved some lemon juice (from two lemons) and sugar together and brushed that mixture over the cake.  I didn't use it all, so the calorie count was low.

This was a very tasty bread/cake and I'll definitely make it again.  When we have company, I'll make it with sugar and the powdered sugar glaze.  Yum!

No comments: