Monday, June 30, 2014

Week Six: Peak 10 Challenge

After last weekend's scrapbook retreat, which consisted of eating out two meals a day and snacking on really bad stuff, I was super motivated to work out this week.  The first few workouts were tougher, it seemed, but then I was back on track.  If only my eating would improve.  Ack!

Mini goal for the week: keep up my workouts, despite a potentially crazy week.  


Monday: Pure Cardio

I was so unbelievably stiff this morning, though I have no idea why.  I stretched before and after this workout...and I was still stiff.  Ack!  But it felt good to sweat this one through.

Tuesday: Cardio Strength 2

I'm really dreading this when I have to do it after work.  Ugh!  And it was tough - but then, it's always tough!  The last 10 minutes is still the hardest, I think, due to the floorwork. 

Wednesday: Pure Strength 2

There isn't an easy circuit in this workout.  But boy, I feel like I've accomplished something when it's over.  As much as I hate the band, it really helps me work muscles in a way that's clearly getting results.  Cool!

Thursday: Dynamic Flexibility and Core Dynamics

Dynamic Flexibilty felt lovely!  I really do enjoy it.  Though it's stretching, I still break a sweat.  Michelle makes you move in all kinds of interesting ways.  Love it!  I followed it up with 10 minutes of Core Dynamics.  This one is not at all easy.

Friday: Pure Strength 1

Having not done this one for a few weeks, it felt very strange.  I'm still having issues with the band for some moves so I used weights.  

Saturday: Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn

This was my first ever Peak 10 video and my first cardio interval burn.  So, it's an oldie but goodie.  I always enjoy it, though it is definitely tough.  Since I haven't done it since the start of this Peak 10 Challenge, it was a nice change.   I still hate the burpees, though.  

Sunday: Peak 10 Cardio Strength

Also known as Cardio Strength 1 from the PeakFit System.  It had been a while since I'd done this one and I'm always amazed at how simple the strength moves seem.  With the other cardio strength workouts, Dozois has had to be inventive to keep things fresh and different.  But with this, the original, the moves are more simplistic.  That being said, the strength moves are just as effective as the later, more convoluted ones.  The same with the cardio - it's very difficult - perhaps more difficult than the later cardio strengths.  So, this is still a great workout to keep in the rotation.  When I did it Sunday morning, I took no breaks due to a time crunch - and still made it through, albeit sweating A LOT.

Calorie Counts:

Monday: 1382
Tuesday: 1385
Wednesday: 1349
Thursday: too much
Friday:  too much
Saturday: too much
Sunday:  1318


I weighed on Thursday this week - after last weekend's eating out mania and before dinner out on Thursday night.  I hadn't gained a pound.  Actually, I'd lost 0.2 pounds since I last weighed a few weeks ago.  Crazy!  This system works.  I can't imagine what would happen if I was consistently eating well, like normal.  Note to self: this system will be done before every vacation.  Ha!  

The week ended up being even crazier than I expected.  But I kept my workouts going, despite everything.  I'm pretty proud of that.

No comments: