Friday, June 6, 2014

The Beggar King

I recently finished the third book in Oliver Potzsch's The Hangman's Daughter series, entitled The Beggar King.

It took me too long to read this book, I'll readily admit.  Time has been non existent to read.  Here's the review I posted on Goodreads:

I've enjoyed reading about the Kuisl family and this book was especially interesting since most of it takes place in Regensburg, a place I've visited.

When Jakob is falsely accused of murder, it's up to Simon and Magdalena to save him from the hangman's noose. I liked that we got to meet a new hangman in this novel; he was just as fun as Jakob.

I honestly don't know if I'll read more of this series. It's interesting but something is lacking, though I can't pinpoint what. Series are always hard for me as future character development is always a challenge, it seems, for authors.
        

No comments: