Friday, October 31, 2014

Chai-Spice Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins (2014:37)

This is one of those recipes - when I saw it, I had to make it ASAP.  Chai, pumpkin, oatmeal, not much sugar.....these muffins sounded delicious.

I decided to make them on a Sunday to take to work on Monday.  As delicious as they sounded, I did not want them in the house for too long.  Ha!  I had no almond milk or quick oats so I bought those ahead of time.  The glaze was just not going to happen; I'm not buying a vanilla bean!

These muffins were relatively easy to whip up and they smelled amazing while in the oven.  I took them out, let them cool, and then made an easy glaze of 3 Tbsp powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract.  

When I finally tasted one....they were alright.  They are definitely not sweet and I guess that's why they didn't blow me over.  If I ever make them again, I'll add a bit of real sugar.  That being said, Mr. Higgins and my co-workers ate them and like them.  So maybe I'm just weird.

No comments: