Monday, October 27, 2014

Week Seven: Peak 10 Challenge #2

This is going to be a rough week as far as eating goes.  It's my birthday week which means too much food all the way around. 

But I'm excited to get in some good workouts.  I know it sounds weird but I genuinely enjoy working out.  It makes me feel great - and productive! 

Monday: Ilyse Baker's Easy to Follow Dance Moves + Amy Dixon's Kickboxing Skills and Drills

I'm really trying to balance out my workouts this week and so I wanted something a bit lighter today after a weekend of tough Peak workouts.  This combination fit the bill.  I did 25 minutes of each workout.  Ilyse is my new favorite on Glo and I'm finally learning that the one type of workout that I like from Amy is kickboxing.  So, this was a fun morning workout!

Tuesday: Cardio Strength 1 on Glo + weights

Trying to figure out when to add in this additional workout, which becomes necessary in the latter half of the Peak 10 Challenge, has been difficult since I'm doing weights at work.  I decided to do it today instead of tomorrow, so I would have tomorrow as a break from weights.  Thankfully, the CSs are not intense weight training.  I did four sections of this workout, having to skip the last one due to my morning time constraints.  But I did it at 5:30 with peaks and all - a first!  Weights at lunch was not necessarily fun but it was productive and I'm glad I did it.

Wednesday: Anytime Anywhere No Excuse Workout + yoga

Anticipating a lot of bad eating today, on my birthday, I woke up and did AA.  As you know, it's my least favorite of the Peak Fit workouts.  It's definitely effective, though, which keeps me coming back.  It was nice to go yoga at lunch, to let my muscles re-group.  Ah!  The instructor basically just stretched us out, which was lovely.

Thursday: Pure Cardio + weights

This morning was tough after eating too much last night.  But I got into this cardio relatively well, given the circumstances.  I think I'll try a different cardio next week to give this one a break.  Weights at lunch....well, I was still aching from Tuesday so this was a bit painful.  But I got through everything I was supposed to, which takes about 35 minutes.  Yay!

Friday:  Michelle's Conditioning for Long Lean Muscles on Glo

This was my second time through this Glo workout by Michelle and wow, it's tougher than it seems.  It's essentially another BodyFit 360 - on the surface it looks easy but you work hard.  I was spent after this "light" workout.  And for some reason, I was exhausted today so I decided it was best to skip hard yoga at lunch.  My body clearly was trying to tell me something and I listened.

Saturday:  Peak Fit Cardio Strength 2 + Michelle's Strength Lower Body + Strength Upper Body on Glo

My energy was back this morning so I decided to get some serious work in.  I went through CS 2, which always leaves me exhausted.  But since I had the weights out, I decided to do two 15-minute strength workouts from Michelle on Glo.  The arm one wasn't too bad but the legs - ouch!  That got me.  I followed all of this with a good, nice 10-minute stretch.  

Sunday: Cardio Interval Burn Remix

I still love this one….and I always forget how difficult it is!  Wow!  I rewarded myself with a nice stretch, and then five minutes of core work.  Ha!

Calorie Counts:

We're just not going to go there this week.  It's been bad.

No comments: