Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge (2014:41)

Merry Christmas Eve!  I have a Christmas recipe to share with you today!

I love chocolate and mint.  When I discovered peppermint bark a few Christmases ago, I was in heaven.  A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon this recipe for Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge and was instantly sold.

This recipe is similar to my mom's easy fudge recipe - condensed milk, chocolate chips, vanilla...microwaved.  I was determined to make this recipe in the microwave as well.  

The hardest part of this new recipe turned out to be chopping up (er, hammering with a rolling pin) of the candy canes.  Ugh!  From my one attempt at making peppermint bark, I knew to dread this step and I hated it this time, too.  But, once done, this recipe was easy.  I even used low-fat condensed milk.  

The only part that didn't work was the "swirl" part, which I left out of the title.  A co-worker of mine hates cocoa so I had to leave the chips off of a strip for her.  By the time I got them in the rest of it, the chocolate had cooled and didn't melt the chips sufficiently.  

But it still tasted great!  I loved it!  Not everyone I know likes peppermint/chocolate, including Mr. Higgins, so not everyone loved this.  But those of us who like that combination really enjoyed it!

No comments: